Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Monday night, 11:58 p.m.

Tap, tap, tap

Dr. Grumpy: "Mmmmph... What time is it? What's up, Craig?"

Craig: "I can't sleep."

Dr. Grumpy: "Are you okay?"

Craig: "Something is bothering me."

Dr. Grumpy: "What?"

Craig: "Did people at Target have to work on St. Patrick's Day?"

Dr. Grumpy: "Um, I guess so. They were open. This is why you can't sleep?"

Craig: "I don't think it's fair. They only wear red shirts at work, so won't people pinch them? For not wearing green?"

Long pause

Dr. Grumpy: "I'm sure for St. Patrick's day they're allowed to wear green pins or something."

Craig: "Oh. I guess that's okay. Thanks! Good night, Dad."

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess it's no worse than some if the dumb things that have kept me awake at night. Only difference is I didn't wake anybody else up with my worries

Mari said...

This is so dear!

Packer said...

From one Dad to another: Bravo

Rare are the times when you can completely lift your child's burdens, but when you can, you must.

Sunny said...

That is SO. STINKING. SWEET. <3

Corn said...

Craig is ADORABLE

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Yeah, and even at midnight his hair looks good.

Jess said...

That's so sweet!

Moose said...

Ahhh, youth, when problems are so much smaller.

May his problems always be so simple they can be fixed with an answer from dad.

Jono said...

Craig seems to have a terrific sense of fairness.

Anonymous said...

you are a good dad :)

pharmacy chick said...

How was his hair at midnight?

Jive Talkin Tool said...

wow Dr Grumpy...you are a great example of how to not lose your shit...and uh, I second what Sunny wrote.

Mockingbird said...

I'm worried about Craig's hair.

Bob@thenest said...

Ah, another memory and a story to tell at the best possible time in years to come...

Target pharmer said...

Just to set the record straight... Target employees are required to wear red and khaki regardless of holidays. And no one has yet to pinch us because of our failure to wear holiday-appropriate clothing. If they did....I would lick all their Xanax before putting them in the bottle.
Sleep well, kiddo.

Anonymous said...

My kid has woken me up at midnight because he couldn't sleep. I was not as patient about it as you.
But thanks to Craig, now I'm wondering how people with red/green color blindness fare on St. Patrick's Day.

Anonymous said...

As someone whose ancestors come from Ireland, bless you. That was a real mitzvah.

Spook, RN said...

Doc,

Your kids are hysterical! Thanks for the laughs!

 
Locations of visitors to this page