Saturday, February 25, 2012

Memories...

One year we returned from vacation a day early, because of a problem with one of our dogs. My parents had taken him to the vet for us, and Mrs. Grumpy wanted to rush home and get him (he was her baby).

The vet's office was closed for the weekend when we got back, but they'd told us the 20-something girl who stayed with the pets overnight would let us in to get Fido, since it was a special circumstance and we were established clients.

Anyway, we came by, and she let me in to get the dog. I had some questions, and was talking to her in the lobby for a few minutes. Her shirt was on inside-out, but I didn't pay much attention to it until a naked guy came wandering out of the back and said, "Hey, don't leave me hanging... Oh, sorry" and ran back.

She blushed. I took the dog and left.

13 comments:

Julie said...

Well what else do you do when you're 'dog-sitting'?

Anonymous said...

Isn't that typical behaviour for babysitters? The important thing is that she wasn't neglecting the dogs or their owners.

Ole Phat Stu said...

Hanging? Surely, standing?

MadMT said...

That does it! Out of the medical transcription business for me! I'm going to be applying at every vet office in town!

Anonymous said...

Wanna bet the poor lad received "artisanal" care after you left?

Anonymous said...

However, to say that this is unprofessional behavior is an understatement. It's funny, yet how embarrassing for both of you. Unbelievable. Probably goes on in hospitals for humans too though.

ceil blue said...

You should probably let your vet know about this. I know I'd want to know if someone in my employ was up to such shenanigans!

Anonymous said...

He didn't invite you and Mrs. Grumpy to join in? How rude!

Anonymous said...

Has long as they do it dpggie style, is it ok?
Kay

OMDG said...

Hey, at least she wasn't shooting heroin.

Maybe my standards are too low....

C said...

Awwwwkwarrrddd....

Anonymous said...

reminds me of the first time I ever made out with a boy.

he was doing his duties as a high school vet assistant...cleaning, restocking, wiping, petting, etc. And I was keeping him company...then a sweet song came on and we slow danced.

Then totally made out.

And then we got CAUGHT by one of the staff Vets.

MORTIFIED!

Middle-aged Diva (Carol) said...

That is a GREAT story! LOL

www.middle-aged-diva.blogspot.com

 
Locations of visitors to this page