Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mary's desk, October 5, 2011

Mary: "Dr. Grumpy's office, this is Mary."

Ms. Newpatient: "Hi, I have an appointment for tomorrow, and have a question."

Mary: "Okay?"

Ms. Newpatient: "On your website it says you use Grumpyville Billing Service."

Mary: "Correct."

Ms. Newpatient: "You need to change that. I refuse to come in unless the doctor fires them immediately. They've turned me into collections for several other doctor's offices, and I'm tired of them doing that."

13 comments:

A Doc 2 Be said...

Grumpy's Pro Bono at your service?

Sarah Glenn said...

Sounds like the patient needs to be fired before you see her...

WV: destorks = using birth control?

Anonymous said...

I guess you have a last minute opening for tomorrow?

Mockingbird said...

Mary: "You might be a patient who would get on our nerves, so, don't come. I'm putting you down now as a refuse to come."

Mockingbird said...

Dr.Grumpy, in 1970, my median nerve was severed in a car accident. I don't have any problem with it now, but why can't I play guitar like Eric Clapton???

Just Me said...

I recommend cash up front with a self-bill option for her.

Anonymous said...

I heard paying your bill works really well for not going to collections. But that could be just a rumor...

Thatgirl said...

Because the problem is obviously with the billing company...

Anonymous said...

So did she come in?

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Hell, no.

Anonymous said...

Did she refuse to come in because you refused to change your billing service, or did Mary tell her to take a long walk on a short pier?

Steph said...

I think he's just trying to get you to treat his narcissistic personality disorder.

Deidre said...

Talk about a red flag.

 
Locations of visitors to this page