Saturday, July 2, 2011

Random pictures

All right, due to me being tired and it being a holiday weekend, I'm going to put up some random shots I've been sent.

To show that the hated autocorrect feature is everywhere, this picture shows how a computer interpreted the phrase "IP-joint" (it stands for interphalangeal joint)

(click to enlarge)





Next, we have this page that was sent as an urgent-lab-results-please-call-nurse-ASAP to a doctor (for those of you not in medicine, this result is normal).






And finally, a neurologist who was trapped in an airport took this picture of brain-shaped chocolates for sale. I can only assume that (amongst other advantages) they have a lower risk of causing Jakob-Creutzfeld Disease than eating a real brain.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's supposed to be a snail on a cabbage leaf? (The brains)

Anonymous said...

Chocolate hears have been available for decades, why not chocolate brains?
(PS if you thought it awful that your daughter doesn't know what a pinball machine is, try asking an engineer what a slide rule is.)

Anonymous said...

I love how the brains come in both a right hemisphere and a left hemisphere!

Judy in Indiana said...

For people who are into Zombie things?

C said...

I hate autocorrect and I hate Google's "auto" search....could the machines let me express myself? Wait until some medical machinery kills some one by automatically adjusting something so that it is totally wrong.

Neuroscience PhD said...

I would buy those so fast....
The perfect gift for those just finishing their defenses or candidacy exams!

Anonymous said...

I'm not really into the zombie craze, but I'd eat those brains.

oceankisses said...

That's what a brain looks like? Who would-a thunk?

Denise the mad MT said...

The IP joint one was probably more a lazy MT not paying attention to what their autocorrect/expander put in there. That is what happens when the hospitals start farming out the medical transcription to companies employing matchbook MTs or better yet, sending them over to India!

 
Locations of visitors to this page