Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Annie's Desk, Tuesday Afternoon

Annie: "Dr. Grumpy's office, this is Annie."

Ms. DeRanged: "Yeah! I'm a patient of Dr. Grumpy's, and need to ask about my chart."

Annie: "Okay, let me look it up... What can I do for you?"

Ms. DeRanged: "When was I last there?"

Annie: "You were here just once, in December, 2009."

Ms. DeRanged: "Who do you have listed as my family doctor?"

Annie: "Looks like it was Dr. Frendly."

Ms. DeRanged: "Well he's an asshole! And I just fired him! And I don't want you to send him my chart note!"

Annie: "Okay, I'll make a note that he's not your doctor, and so we won't send him any further records."

Ms. DeRanged: "I also don't want you to send him my note from December!"

Annie: "Well, that note already went out."

Ms. DeRanged:"WHAT! HOW DARE YOU! When was that?!!!"

Annie: "The day after your visit, in December, 2009."

Ms. DeRanged: "This is ridiculous! Don't you have any respect for a patient's wishes?"

Annie: "Of course, but at that time you told us to send him a letter."

Ms. DeRanged: "But I just fired him today! I don't want you to send him a letter!"

Annie: "The letter was sent 6 months ago."

Ms. DeRanged: "Then dammit, this is YOUR problem! You get on the phone, call Dr. Frendly, and make him send it back!"

15 comments:

Katbird said...

*facepalm*

OMDG said...

She's so off the wall, you just have to laugh.

Anonymous said...

WTF?

Karen Whiddon said...

Ok, so I'm guessing your time travling machine must be broken?

TiredRPh said...

Wonder what awful thing Dr Friendly did to get fired,...... No more pain meds or benzos???? Sorry, I'm jaded.

Anonymous said...

I'm kinda scared now....

Morris said...

Headdesk, headdesk, HEADDESK!

(Ouch, my head hurts...)

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking Dr. Friendly suggested she get therapy or psychotropic drugs.

Angela said...

Oh wow... just *facepalm* That is bad....

xx
Jaxs

stacey said...

"headshake" "facepalm" Headdesk...

Mugdha said...

Haha, I don't think sending the note back's gonna help her any now.

WarmSocks said...

Hmmmm... fax to DrFrendly sharing the love?

You see the strangest people!

Dr. J said...

I like how some people can just ignore the forward flow of time. I blame startrek....

Andy said...

I didn't realise that time-travel was part of the job description!

Anonymous said...

Dammit, my crippling fear of blazing forward through time at triple-speed is why I left Pharmacy to pursue Neurology in the first place!

You see I could handle the speed part, but not the fact that I had no control over it & unwittingly stepped through a time portal every time I entered the Pharmacy. You wouldn't believe the headaches I've endured attempting to refill 30-day scripts for vicodin that - in MY time - were used up in 10 days. I tried 3 to 1 conversion charts but sometimes even that didn't work.

It seems my portal speed was a tad unpredictable so sometimes MY 7 or 8 days was equal to 30 of theirs and then they'd start yelling & carrying on and then the manager of the store would get involved and my fear of time traveling was developing into a full-blown phobia & after therapy to address the panic attacks it was decided that I leave the profession for my mental health.

Now I learn neurologists are having the same problem! Where oh WHERE can I feel safe?!!

- Distraught Former Pharmacist
:-(

 
Locations of visitors to this page