Thursday, February 18, 2010

Why I'm not good enough to work at Mayo

I was flipping through some records from a patient who was worked up last year at Mayo, and came across a form with this heading:

(click to enlarge)





See, this is why I'm not good enough to work at Mayo. I just assume that my patients know how to discharge things from their gastrointentestinal system (one way or another). But at Mayo, they go above and beyond to give you a form that tells you.


(I'm being silly, obviously. The form had instructions on what to do after a colonoscopy. But I thought the heading could have been worded better)

5 comments:

Albinoblackbear said...

I had a pt once in the ED who worked at the Mayo. Of course that immediately stressed me out because health care professionals are the *worst* patients. She was pretty laid back though. She told me in the 'good old days' they all referred to it as the WFMC (World Famous Mayo Clinic).

Heh.

Anonymous said...

Ew. The phrases "gastrointestinal discharge" and "Mayo" are pretty icky in such close companionship - kinda implies a picnic gone horribly wrong. Don't eat the egg salad, folks.

J-Quell'n said...

LoL...gastrointestinal discharge...poop...LOL

vicki said...

my son who goes to pharmacy school found this website and shared it with the rest of the family. so far, this is the best one yet. thank you for making me laugh on a day i didn't think i could.
this site is now a daily read for our family.

ERP said...

That is funny. I always notice stuff like that and pervert the intending meaning - it generally amuses my staff that I still have the mind of a teenager.

 
Locations of visitors to this page