Monday, November 23, 2009

Mary's Desk, November 23, 2009

Mary: "Dr. Grumpy's office, this is Mary."

Ms. Bright: "Yes, I need to make an appointment to see Dr. Grumpy."

Mary: "Okay, let me look... We can see you tomorrow afternoon at 4:00?"

Ms. Bright: "Oh, that won't work. How about at 5:00?"

Mary: "Sorry, that's when we close. Would earlier in the day be better?"

Ms. Bright: "No, I can only come in at 5:00 in the afternoon on any weekday."

Mary: "I'm sorry, our last slot of the day starts at 4:00."

Ms. Bright: "Okay, but if someone who has a 5:00 appointment cancels, can you call me?"

7 comments:

Me said...

I would say that it is probably a good thing that this patient is unable to come in and see you. Well, a good thing for you.

The Good Cook said...

Mary's answer:

Absolutely. If anyone with a 5:00 appointment has to cancel, we will call you.

Good Bye and Good Luck.

Square Peg Guy said...

I'm sure you can squeeze her in on Tuesday, November 31, can't you? At your satellite office on Mars.

Stephanie said...

It's a shame she can't get in there before 5...sounds like she might really need some help.

What did Mary say?

River said...

That would be Ms Not-So-Bright surely?

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Stephanie- Mary said "Of course".

What else could she say at that point?

Chris said...

Yeah, just agree to give her the next cancellation. No one's any wiser (especially her).

By the way, and I'm sure this has been suggested, Mary needs to start her own blog.

 
Locations of visitors to this page