Saturday, August 22, 2009

Public Service Announcement

Dear owners of the Fuk-Yu Dragon,

Mrs. Grumpy and I enjoyed our meal there tonight, as always. I'm glad we got to meet for dinner while I was on call.

Generally speaking, however, if you want to attract loyal customers (as opposed to sending them screaming down the street to dine at the Jade Wong instead) you should NOT repeatedly play certain background music. I'm referring, of course, to tonight's choice of "Air Supply's Greatest Hits of the 80's", played again and again and again overhead.

Thank you.

(For those of you who are now thinking "Hey! I remember Air Supply! I wonder where they are now?" the answer is that they've been playing hotels in Macao, China for years. Click here if you don't believe me).

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! no dissing this great aussie group! with the way the economy is, they need the royalties.

Fiz said...

But I loved Air Supply! (Perhaps not for hours at at ime, though!)

Günnar said...

grrr.... this inspired me to head to youtube and look up a little airsupply.

i have hate for you right now. i can see myself wandering the halls at work tonight, crooning "even the nights are better" to my patients in a bad falsetto.

great.

Anonymous said...

Are they featured in the lounge or the elevators?

S3XinthePantry said...

Oh the Q tip post made me laugh!

I was doing a history on a pt and asked about prenatal care. She said, "I don't know that word."

I backed way up and said, "Tell me from the beginning, when you first found out you were pregnant."

she pointed to her husband and said, "I never knew I was pregnant until he told me."

That was one long interview.

transporter said...

hey dr g i work at your hospital and im not quite sure which nuerologist you are but i love your blog and im surprised someone with your education could still be funny. keep it coming

Pharmgirl said...

Jade Wong!! Too funny!

ER's Mom said...

Hey, Air Supply is on my iPod!

(80s hits collection, FYI)

Chris said...

"I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you, I know you were right, believin' for so long . . . "

Thanks for getting that stuck in my head, Doc.

Combustible Sparky M.D. said...

Thankfully, I'm aware of the name, but (as far as I know), I've never been subjected to their music.
And I sure won't make the same mistake that alight did and go to youtube.

In this case, I do believe that ignorance IS bliss.

Fiz. said...

You are now the proud possessor of an ear worm, Chris!

Jo ~ said...

hahaha! too much!

get takeout from now on!

knitalot3 said...

Ugh... flashback.

 
Locations of visitors to this page