Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Medical Research

The West Virginia branch of our Science Marches On Department has brought the following enormously important medical research to my attention.

(click to enlarge)



FOLLOW-UP COMMENT: The Texas branch of our Science Marches on Department, upon reviewing this article, had several questions which I thought were worth printing:

"(a) Does it matter what you read? Sci-fi, romance, action-adventure, military history, self-help, etc? More work in this field is needed.

(b) Since this was done in Israel, does it make a difference if you read left-to-right or right-to-left?

(c) Is this why they call Jews the People of the Book?

(d) Do you get the impression that the Primary Investigator did this research because his wife complained about his reading on the john and gave him some old wives' tale about how it's bad for you?

(e) I know (from personal experience) that Haifa isn't the most exciting city in the world, but how bored do you have to be to come up with this?"

11 comments:

Call me Bob said...

Your blog always makes my day... I thought the MRI "nomnom" post was gonna be #1; apparently, nothing can top scientific progress though. Thanks for bringing this valuable research to our attention; I'm off to read on my pooper in peace.

Dr. Public Health said...

Definitely done by someone who is in the 'Let's play with Research' phase, or an unemployed MPH investigator.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I needed the laugh this morning...

Anonymous said...

I would like to see a study of the type of reading material and the personality types that match it.

Lipstick said...

Hmmm...wonder how they got funding for that...

Pretty Girl likes to read "Elmo Goes Potty." It seems to be relatively popular with the five and under set (although my sample size is small).

Flavius said...

Well, as for myself, I'm an avid TR. I think I can definitely use these findings to further refine my technique.

Which category would you put yourself under, Dr. Grumpy? The TR world just has to know!

-Flavius

Grumpy, M.D. said...

I do my thing and get out. No reading.

Becky the Techie said...

(Somebody has to say it) Whose crappy idea was this?

pharmacy chick said...

THIS HAS to be a practical joke. I mean I have seen some real stupid studies done but this reeks of fake.
Funny, but fake...

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Sorry, PC. It's true. You can look it up yourself at pubmed.gov

knitalot3 said...

Where's Waldo seems to be pretty popular.

 
Locations of visitors to this page