Monday, May 25, 2009

Thank You, Whoever You Are (If You Know)

I'm drinking my breakfast Diet Coke and staring at the screen, wondering if I should make an entry for today. Or, in honor of Memorial day, should I just re-run my VFW post?

Of course, never fear, my patients won't let me down. My cell phone rings, and someone out there just left this voice mail:

"Dr Grumpy! I need your help! Someone's been wearing my socks and stretching them out! Please call me!"

And of course, no name or phone number was left.

9 comments:

ShrinkingDoc said...

What...the...hell?

I think this person needs a shrink not a neurologist.

By the way, I've been thinking that you seem quite normal for a neurologist--it's nice to know there are normal neurologists out there!

Keep up the blog. It's very entertaining.

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Thank you, HugeMD,

I'm in solo practice for just that reason- I try to avoid my own kind.

Julie said...

LOL, now as a heart nurse I would interpret that to mean their ankles are edematous again. Don't have any idea what it means in neuro terms.

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Julie, I think it means they're a few neurons short of a brain.

FlyCoder said...

you are now on my blogroll!

http://flycoder.blogspot.com

Lipstick said...

LOL, Dr. Grumpy you have rapidly become one of my faves!

Julie, heart nurse...I think you are wildly perceptive!

The Bus Driver said...

hahaha i'm with HugeMD in thinking the person needs a psychiatrist.. or admission to a psych ward or something. Next thing the patient will call you asking where the little green men went. LOLOL

Andrea said...

It could be worse- the could call you and not leave their name or any other info, yet you could identify them by their voice (This has happened to me at my pharmacy before, and it's scary how many people I know by voice alone)

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Agree, Andrea. It's never a good sign when I know their voice, or recognize their phone number on the caller ID. It means I have to deal with that person WAY too many times.

 
Locations of visitors to this page