Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It was a 3 Day Weekend, Wadda Ya Want?

I'm listening to iTunes on my computer. It's randomly picking songs while I review charts on today's victims (uh, I mean patients).

It's been 20 years, maybe more, since I last saw the Rocky Horror Picture Show (yes, folks, in my younger days I was a Feature Creature). Anyway, at some point the computer picked the movie soundtrack, and began playing it.

And it dug up my old memories. So, without thinking, I began yelling out the old responses, just like I did at the movie.

I didn't even realize what I was doing until I looked up to see my staff were all standing in my office doorway, trying to figure out if they should call a neurologist, or psychiatrist, or Dr. Kevorkian.

Leave me alone. It was a 3 day weekend, and I need another Diet Coke.

14 comments:

Moppie said...

How many years have you been practicing to make you so grumpy about patients, thus giving us excellent stories?

Grumpy, M.D. said...

11 FABULOUS years.

Been grumpy the whole time.

Toph McGee said...

Maybe a psychiatrist cause it is the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane.

ERP said...

I hope you were not dressed like Adam Lambert while doing this.

Julie said...

Just mentally picturing this makes me laugh.

ShrinkingDoc said...

Maybe I was wrong about you being one of the few normal neurologists out there.

If I am wrong and you're crazy, at least you're "good crazy" and freakin' hilarious!

Fiz said...

Dr Grumpy, I think I love you!

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Let's do the Time Warp again!

MOJITOGIRL said...

It's just a jump to the left.......

So how many times did YOU see it?

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Way too many.

Most Saturday nights during my undergraduate years.

I don't even know if they even show it at midnight movies anymore.

Nurse K said...

LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

I saw it at midnight movie last probably 8 years ago before they stopped doing it.

08armydoc said...

You mean there was something besides the midnight RHPS on Saturdays????

Uro*MA said...

I love RHPS!! We used to go all the time to the midnight live shows which closed about 3 yrs ago...Then last summer the local small art theater brought them back and its only $3...awesome! None of the docs i work for would ever probably admit to seeing it or ever be caught singing it or shouting out the cues...
Grumpy, you made my day!!
~Uro*ma

Grumpy, M.D. said...

I couldn't do it anymore. I'm afraid of being recognized by a patient, and having my picture in the local paper, in drag and make-up.

 
Locations of visitors to this page