Tuesday, May 12, 2009

For This You Went to Law School?

Occasionally I do a legal deposition. So yesterday I was being questioned by a lawyer. We had this exchange:

Mr. Legal: "Doctor, your note says that the patient's symptoms started one month after his car accident in November, is that correct?"

Dr. Grumpy: "Yes"

Mr. Legal: "So, it would go to assume that his symptoms started in December, correct?".

Dr. Grumpy: "Yes".

Mr. Legal: "Doctor, in your opinion, does December always come after November?"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

c'mon Grumpy, what was your smart-ass reply?

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Hey, I just said "yes". I was under oath. And these people take anything you say seriously. It's like the sign at airport security that warns you not to joke.

pharmacy chick said...

Unbeievable. I'd have probably said (with a straight face)
Yes, I believe that every year that I have been alive, December has been after November, but I cannot speak for before I was born.....hahaha

River said...

Seriously??? Huh. Makes you wonder if they are worth their huge salaries.

Uro*MA said...

You should have said "yes! and always before january!" lawyers are a rare breed lol strange, and i thought med term was tough, ever read a law book?
~Uro*ma

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Yes. Believe it or not, I was actually accepted to both law school and medical school. It was an easy decision.

I took the LSAT after a night of heavy drinking, and did quite well. This means something.

Therrin (Ben S) said...

Should have referred him to a chronologist..

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of the "Court Jester" books.

Anonymous said...

and then mr.lawyer went on to write Rebecca Black's "Friday"

 
Locations of visitors to this page