Wednesday, April 8, 2009

You're a Freakin' Bozo, Sir.

This afternoon I'm seeing this guy. He has cancer, and is getting chemotherapy with a drug known to cause headaches.

So he's going into tearful detail on how he gets his chemotherapy on Wednesdays, and then on the Thursdays after he has a horrible headache that sends him to ER.

I reviewed different options (besides stopping cancer treatment): medications to get rid of his headaches, medications to prevent his headaches, etc. He then asks me this:

"Doctor, I'm not sure I want to take more medications. Wouldn't it be easier to just move my chemotherapy to Mondays, instead?"

2 comments:

MCA said...

Hi doc,nice knowing you, i am an intern in my country,started working for almost a year..life tough as a doc ya.. :D

Grumpy, M.D. said...

It's never boring.

 
Locations of visitors to this page