Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mom: 1. Annoying Daughter: 0.

This afternoon I saw a great little old lady, sharp as a tack, who got dragged in by her overprotective daughter, and was NOT happy about it.

The daughter was one of those huffy types who tried to answer every damn question for her mom, even though the old lady was clearly fine, independent, and a hell of a lot brighter then her offspring. Mom tried to talk around her, but the daughter just wouldn't let her answer my questions, even when asked directly of the patient.

Finally, when her daughter interrupted her for the millionth time, Mom looked at me and said, "You'll have to forgive my daughter, Doctor. Normally she wouldn't be accompanying me to doctor visits, but 52 years ago my diaphragm broke."

10 comments:

karoline said...

LOL that was good! what was the daughter's reaction?

Grumpy, M.D. said...

She shut up. Then glared at Mom. Then stormed out to my lobby and let Mom and I talk in peace.

Samuel M. said...

Uh oh. Hopefully there wasn't a beating waiting for her back in the car. Check her for bruises next time she comes around.

Justsouknow said...

OK that was funny!

MRS MS said...

Priceless!

Anonymous said...

Priceless

melaine said...

I want to know what your reaction was? I would have been rolling on the floor.

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Melaine- in this field you learn how to keep a straight face, no matter what.

Debbie said...

52 is OLD?? Now that just makes me sad!

Grumpy, M.D. said...

Debbie- the daughter was 52. Not the patient.

 
Locations of visitors to this page